BOOKING TERMS: All booking requests are subject to Confirmation.
1. Terms and conditions are not negotiable. By booking with RT Edgar Flinders you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
2. Deposit of 50% of the rent to be paid at the time of acceptance. All bookings incur a RT Edgar booking fee of $55.00 plus any reseller fees when booking via Stayz, Homeaway or Airbnb.
3. Balance of rent and bond to be finalised 7 days prior to arrival date, to be paid by credit card, EFT or cheque. 4. Any changes to a confirmed booking will incur an administration fee of $55.00.
5. One night bookings must be paid in full at time of booking. Security Bond to be finalised 7 days prior to arrival date.
6. Bookings made within a week of arrival date must be paid in full (including bond) at time of booking.
Our properties are NOT for hire for functions, weddings or celebrations of any kind. A $1,000 immediate fine (security bond forfeited) will be incurred should an unauthorised function be held at the property. If security/police are called to the property for any reason the tenants will be evicted immediately.
Summer bookings must pay a deposit of 50% at time of acceptance. Balance of rent and security bond is due 14 days prior to key collection. We cannot guarantee a guest’s re-booking for the same property until a deposit is received and subject to owner’s discretion.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL & DURATION OF STAY
1. Arrivals outside office hours need to confirm alternative key collection, which may incur a cost to be deducted from Security Bond.
2. Adequate identification must be shown when collecting keys.
1. If a replacement booking can be secured all monies paid are refunded less a $150.00 administration fee.
2. Monies paid (excluding bond) will not be refunded if the property cannot be rebooked.
3. Shortened stay: the unused portion of the rental is not refundable.
4. Travel insurance is recommended for medical and cancellation coverage.
A security bond is required for all holiday rental bookings. We hold your security bond in a trust account and refund to you after the property has been inspected. Payment can be made by EFT or credit card. Merchant fees apply for credit card transactions. For short stay or weekend bookings, we can pre-authorise the security bond on your credit card (this freezes the funds on your credit card).
For all Summer bookings, security bonds must be paid in full, 14 days prior to arrival. No pre-authorisations will be accepted.
Security bonds will be refunded within 7 business days of the guest’s departure, unless a bond claim is made by the owner of the property. Security bonds that are paid by credit card will be refunded to that same credit card with no exceptions. This is a security measure to help prevent fraud.
The cost of any damage to the property caused by the tenant or any other occupants is recoverable and deducted from the bond.
Disputes regarding damage, cleaning or rubbish will not be entered into unless reported to our office upon arrival at the premises.
Damage or breakages to the property must be reported to the office immediately. If a tenant or any occupant is at fault, charges will be deducted from the security bond. If we, the agent are required to access the property due to damage or excess cleaning a $150 callout fee will be deducted from the security bond.
The number of occupants must not exceed the number agreed with the Agent upon booking. We must be notified by email, prior to arrival, of any increase to the number of tenants agreed to. The landlord will be compensated $100 per person for extra tenants. The number of tenants may determine the amount of bond held.
1. Please leave the property in the condition you found it. A standard clean will be provided but anything outside a standard clean will be taken from the bond.
2. An $80.00 cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQ’s, ovens, stoves and grills. If found unclean on arrival please contact our office immediately.
3. All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishing are to be reported (and paid for) by the guest immediately. Guests should advise RT Edgar Flinders of any faults or breakages discovered on arrival. If RT Edgar Flinders is not advised we will consider damages to be the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly.
4. Funds will be deducted from the security deposit if we need to make a claim which may include but is not limited to; excess cleaning fees, damage or breakages, excess garbage removal, late check outs, telephone calls (if applicable) and after hour callouts. When total amount claimed for damages exceeds $150.00, an agent fee of $50.00 will also apply.
The associated costs will be deducted from the security bond for lost or damaged keys. Keys are to be returned to the RT Edgar Flinders office or Key Safe if provided at the property, at the end of your stay.
1. We as Agents act in good faith when taking bookings; therefore, we accept no responsibility for bookings made over the phone or by internet, without the guest having inspected the property first.
2. Action taken by owners may be beyond our control, such as a property being sold, rental rates being increased prior to confirmation of booking, or the property taken off the rental market. In such a situation, we will endeavour to do our best in finding another property.
3. RT Edgar Flinders will not be held responsible for failure of utilities and appliances if they cease to function. However, we will report incidents to the property owner and follow their instructions. The guest agrees to allow tradesmen onto the property to allow repairs to be made where necessary.
4. In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
5. RT Edgar Flinders or the property owner can accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any alteration, delay, or cancellation or any other loss or damage of any kind caused by civil commotions, strikes, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fire, declaration of code red, floods, storms, failure of public utilities, mechanical breakdown, acts of Government of Public Authority, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of any form of transport which are beyond our control or any other circumstances amounting to ‘acts of God’.
6. For After Hours Emergency Calls, ring RT Edgar Flinders 0455 664 773
1. Guests are requested to vacate and return the keys to our office by 10.00 am on the day of departure unless a late extension has been granted by the property owner. We as Agents reserve the right to charge additional rental at the applicable daily rate, until the keys are returned to our office. If housekeeping staff are inconvenienced or rescheduled due to late departure, guests will incur a fee of $45.00 per hour, deducted from security bond, until all guests have vacated.
2. Premises must be left clean and tidy, dishes washed and put away. If the property requires additional to normal cleaning as a result of the tenancy, the cost will be deducted directly from the bond. If the costs of cleaning exceed the bond, the guest will be liable for such costs.
3. If the premises are unable to be let due to damage or requiring excessive cleaning, then the guest will be liable for rental charges until the property is restored to original condition, and may be held liable for any resultant costs and losses.
4. A charge of $100 will be incurred if furniture is moved by guests.
CODE RED DAYS
1. We will make every endeavour to contact tenants when their arrival day is announced as a code red fire day.
2. Travel insurance is recommended for medical and cancellation coverage.
TELEPHONE / INTERNET
Unless otherwise stated, telephone and internet access is not available at the holiday accommodation properties.
1. We do not guarantee the availability or speed of the service.
2. We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
3. We do not guarantee that the service will be compatible with your software or equipment.
4. Guests accept that it is their responsibility to protect their information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of their information and data.
5. The use of the service is at the guest’s own risk.
6. The use of the service is for guests only whilst in residence for the agreed rental period.
7. Use of the service must be in accordance with Australian Law and not involve any unlawful or inappropriate activity.
Television reception varies due to weather conditions and location. We cannot guarantee the quality of the reception at individual properties. Please do not under any circumstances attempt to re-tune the television as you may be liable for it to be professionally reprogrammed.
All rubbish is to be disposed of in the correct compartments of the council bins provided. No rubbish is to be left inside the property and council bins are to be placed kerbside for collection on tenant’s departure. Failure to do this will incur a $165.00 cartage and tip fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
1. When requested, we will endeavour to recover and return items left in your holiday rental property but take no responsibility. Items will be returned by Cash on Delivery and a charge of $150.00 for recovery of goods will apply if RT Edgar is required to retrieve the item/s from the property. Large items will only be held in our office for a period of 2 weeks before they are donated to charity.
1. In the event of any electrical, gas or battery operated appliance failing to operate, (other than an emergency eg. gas leak, hot water service failure, toilet blockage etc.) the owner is under no obligation to replace or repair during the term of your stay.
2. Please note service people (lawn mowing, pool maintenance teams etc) may come on to the property without warning during your stay. We try to notify guests when this will happen but it can be difficult in some cases due to disruptions in scheduling due to weather, fire restrictions etc.
3. Most properties have septic tanks, so please DO NOT flush any sanitary products or foreign objects. If the septic tank requires pumping out due to a blockage caused by a foreign object, the guest will be liable for the cost.
1. Unless specifically stated as being pet friendly, no pets are allowed either onto the grounds of the Property, or inside the holiday accommodation under any circumstances. The Agent is not responsible for the confinement of your pet. Any pets found in holiday accommodation properties will result in a termination of the booking and additional cleaning charges will be deducted from the guest’s bond if this occurs.
2. If the holiday accommodation is a designated Pet Friendly property, the guest agrees to abide by the additional terms and conditions detailed in the Doggie Dos and Don’ts below.
3. There is a charge of $50.00 per pet at Pet Friendly Properties.
DOGGIE DO’S & DON’TS
1. All dog droppings must be removed from premises prior to departure, there should be no evidence that a dog has been on the property.
2. The guest’s dog must not under any circumstance be taken inside the premises.
3. The owner of the dog is liable for any damage caused to the premises or resulting loss suffered by the property owner.
4. A barking or aggressive dog will not be tolerated under any circumstance and may result in the termination of the booking.
PLEASE NOTE: BY MAKING A BOOKING IT IS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED WITH THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU RECOGNISE ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN A PENALTY INCLUDING CANCELLATION OF STAY OR FINE.
All fees listed are inclusive of GST.
Please note that any additional work required above and beyond our standard Terms and Conditions, costs may apply.